BISA 2016 Conference in Edinburgh – Call for 2 PPWG-sponsored Panels.
Deadline Friday, November 20, 2015.
We’re pleased to announce that the BISA Poststructural Politics Working Group (PPWG) is now accepting panel proposals for the BISA 2016 Conference in Edinburgh. The theme for the 2016 Conference is ‘Global Justice’ (details at http://bit.ly/1Wu8cIs). Your PPWG-sponsorship panel submissions can, but do not have to, fall within the Conference theme. We encourage all panel submissions on and broadly around our Working Group focus on poststructural politics. In the past, PPWG-sponsored panels have been convened by postgraduate to advanced scholars.
PPWG has two dedicated panel slots at BISA. The submission procedure for a PPWG-sponsored panel is different from that for direct conference submissions to BISA. If you submit your panel for PPWG sponsorship, you will not go through the BISA online system. Submissions for PPWG sponsored panels should be sent to us by our deadline of November 20, 2015. We will notify you about whether or not your panel is accepted by Tuesday, November 24. In the event that your panel submission is not accepted, this will still leave you three days to submit your panel directly to BISA through its online system (the BISA deadline is Friday, November 27). If you are accepted for PPWG-sponsorship, we will forward your panel to BISA and your panel will automatically be included in the BISA conference.
To submit your panel for one of the two PPWG-sponsored slots, send a panel abstract of no more than 200 words to Elisa Wynne-Hughes (Wynne-HughesE@cardiff.ac.uk) and Tahseen Kazi (email@example.com).
Panel submissions should include:
- A panel abstract (up to 200 words)
- A list of participants including panelists, chair, and discussant
- An abstract of each paper to be presented (up to 200 words, each)
- BISA panels can have the format of 5 papers and a chair but no discussant, or of 4 papers, a chair and a discussant. PPWG will accept submissions in either format.
If you have a panel proposal and would like to send out a call for papers, send your call to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to circulate it to our mailing list. We’d encourage you to send out your calls as soon as you can, given the November 20th deadline.
PPWG-sponsored panel submission dates:
- November 20, 2015: Deadline for PPWG-sponsored panel submissions
- November 24, 2015: Date by which you will be informed of the outcome of your submission for PPWG-sponsorship
- November 27, 2015: BISA deadline for panel and paper submissions